Monday, June 28, 2010

Maui - Day four

Things just keep getting better and better around here. After a discussion with the nicest people on the planet last night, we decided to try snorkeling at Honolua Bay today. We stopped at Boss Frog's and picked up some snorkel gear and then we took off up north again. This place was gorgeous. Turns out we had taken some pictures of it during our drive, but this time we were up close and personal.

 

Having never been in the ocean, I was in for a treat! I wasn't ready for the salt water - I will say that. I was caught completely by surprise. Snorkeling is also not my forte. I was a little panicky, but I attribute all of that to it being my first time in the ocean. I did see a few fishes and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Turns out my superior floating skills are very handy for the ocean. I spent a lot of time just floating around. So relaxing and so wonderful. 

After a shower and a quick nap - Mondale is amazed at my napping skills. Tittles can sing and we can nap! - we headed back out for more shopping. We had been doing mostly looking up to now, but today we bought souvenirs for us and our families. It was fun to pick out stuff for everyone. 

Dinner was at Cheeseburger in Paradise. Turns out that the original one is in Lahaina. It lives up to its name with amazing views and equally amazing cheeseburgers. I was the ultimate tourist here - coming away with the souvenir mug and t-shirt. Such a great experience!



I finally got something with an umbrella in it. My cheeseburger! HAHA - I moved it to my Diet Coke later. 


Another great night. Tomorrow we are leaving here at 6:00 AM for the Road to Hana trip. It comes highly recommended and I hope it lives up to the hype. I'm not a fan of 6:00. We are leaving that early though so we can make it back to a 7:00 PM dinner reservation. One more night of blogs and then it's time to come home. So sad. But until then, Aloha! and enjoy your Monday. 


 

3 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed every minute of your posts. My boys went to Hawaii with the band, but we've never been. Maybe for an anniversary down the road somewhere. Save all of your info......we'll need some help planning! So happy for you as you well deserve this vacation!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, I am so happy you and your sister have the spirit of adventure because your Mom is a scared rabbit! :-) I sit here smiling like Buddy Elf reading all about your trip. You girls make my life an adventure. I love you and can't wait to hear all about it in person. Enjoy your last few hours there. Tell Mondale to have a happy time too. I love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. DT, you crack me up. I can't wait to see what all you bought. Live it up, Aunt Sis!

    ReplyDelete