Saturday, June 26, 2010

Maui - Day two

After a good night's sleep, Day Two began. I got up this morning and made breakfast for us. Who wants to spend $10 on breakfast when I can whip up eggs, bacon and toast in no time?!?! I'm really loving having the full kitchen.

After breakfast we hit the streets. Lahaina is an old Whaler's village. It's very quaint and interesting. There are lots of jewelers and art galleries around. Not to mention all the tourist swag. I made Mondale stop at every little store along the way. He's such a trooper with all of my shopping.



I found no less than $7000 dollars worth of merchandise for Ms. Stella, but I held back. She's getting some awesome stuff though. And I sent post cards to folks today as well. I may beat them home, but who cares?!?! I'll also be shipping home the souvies. There's no way anything else is going in that suitcase!



We enjoyed a break under the Banyan Tree. What an amazing place! The tree was planted in 1873 and was only 8 feet tall. Now it shades 2/3rds of an acre and has 12 trunks. Awesome stuff.



This place is really just amazing. I'm shocked at every turn.

We headed back to our favorite dive, Betty's, and had a little lunch.



Afterwards I hit the lounge chair for some time in the sun and a little pool time. Since "sunning" is not on Mondale's important list, he hung out in the room for a while. LOL

Plumeria is everywhere. I've had one in my hair just about all evening and bought a silk one to bring home for the memories. It smells so wonderful. And it grows on trees. In all colors. Lovely.




We finished the night at Bubba Gump's. Now we are back and ready for rest. I'm not sure we've acclimated to island time just yet. We'll probably be used to it just when it's time to leave.



Still having a blast. I can see myself vacationing here again soon.

3 comments:

  1. DT, this is awesome! "Sunning" cracked me up. That is a lover-ly picture of you as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look very pretty as an "Island Girl" I miss you............Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love living vicariously through you! I'm glad you're having such a good time. Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete