Sunday, June 27, 2010

Maui - Day three

Holy Toledo, Batman! This place just gets better and better. I've already started my savings account for my next trip. Seriously. If you haven't been to Hawaii, get your funds together and get over here. We truly have not spent that much money since arriving and the trip over was very reasonable. Do it! You will not regret it.

Having no solid plans today, we decided to get up and do a little driving today. I made breakfast again and then we headed out. We headed north. I had only glanced at the map, but from what I could tell, we could drive all the way around the top part of the island. Oh you can, but about 8 miles of it is one lane. (and let's not tell Hertz. We weren't actually supposed to be driving it. Whoopsie!) It was a great adventure! We ran into the greatest little village ever. You just will never experience this anywhere else. The pictures don't even almost get close to doing it justice.

 


  


So, after this literal 3 hour tour, we were back to home base. We stopped for a little lunch and then Mondale let me shop again. :)

After a bit of rest we got ready and headed to our Luau. As if this morning's adventure wasn't enough, tonight's luau was magnificent. Beautiful doesn't even begin to describe it. We got there, took some great pictures and then it rained. Those of you who know how I feel about rain can only imagine my mood at this time. No umbrella - no real shelter - my hair is still soaking wet. But, I could care less. Once the rain moved through we saw two gorgeous rainbows, had some of the best food ever and saw a fantastic show. We both left with huge grins on our faces. This is what it was all about.

   


Tomorrow should prove to be another adventure. I'll keep you posted. :)

1 comment:

  1. This is magnificent. That picture of the cliff reminds me of LOST. Also, did you get to try the roasted pig?

    I'm glad you two are having such a blast!

    ReplyDelete