Thursday, March 11, 2010

I feel all accomplished.

I'm a breakfast kind of gal. I love all things about it. Eggs, breakfast meat, biscuits, gravy, waffles, fruit, cereal, muffins, anything. I am dangerous at a breakfast buffet!

So, here I am trying to lose weight and do better. Thanks to Hungry Girl I found a way to make the breakfast sandwich better for me. With much trepidation, I mean, we are talking veggie sausage here, I made this meal tonight.

1 Natural Life English Muffin
1 Morning Star Sausage Patty
1/4 cup of Egg Beaters
Small sprinkle of cheese

I have to admit, this was good. Really good. I sauteed some mushrooms and zucchini as well (in spray butter so it was NO points!!!) and had a nice meal. That whole sandwich is only 5.5 points. A regular sausage egg McMuffin has 9 and my favorite sandwich, the Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit, has 12. Not to mention the hash brown that I would have had. I'm feeling pretty accomplished right now. I may make it.

3 comments:

  1. I should have named you Dawn Accomplished Tittle. :-) You have always finished what you set your mind to do. Can't wait to see what you'll do this time.

    Love you most,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the sausage crumbles in our spaghetti tonight. Tasty. I also used turkey pepperoni, added frozen spinach to the sauce & used the better for you pasta. Tasted about the same as my regular blend.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna go ahead and take your word for it. More power to you!!

    ReplyDelete