Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lies and Deceit!

Okay. I know it's my fault for not reading through everything, but this just happened.

I'm trying to lose weight. I don't like the work diet. I'm changing lots of things. I've finally come to terms with the fact that there isn't a quick way to make this happen. I'm comfortable with making small changes that are turning into big changes. Food has always been a serious problem for me. I hide it from people, I sneak it, I love it, I crave it, I love to cook it, and it makes me happy. But, I started weight watchers and have finally made the strides to learn about food, what it does for me, when I need it, etc...It's hard. Really hard. But I'm slowly dying from diabetes. No, I'm not on insulin or really have to take much medication, but I'm on a very destructive path because I can't say no to a cookie. Seriously, Dawn, put the cookie down!

So, I stopped by the local convenience store tonight on the way home from choir for a snack since I haven't eaten since lunch. People, me, Dawn Renee Tittle, champion eater, had not had a single bite since 1:00 PM. I was shocked. So, I knew that I wanted something snacky. In a huge step for me I chose a small bag of chips over a really large one. Normally I wouldn't even stop at the small ones. If you are going to eat chips, EAT THE CHIPS. Don't be a pansy. So, I pick up a bag of my favorites. I'm thinking 250 calories or so. Not a good idea, but a better decision that I would previously made.

People, this little tiny bag of chips had 400 calories. 400! 200X2! 100X4! There were THREE servings in that little bag. Someone needs a piece of my mind!!! Heed my warning. Stay away from the cookie AND the chips.

3 comments:

  1. WW, huh? Look out Hawaii! I'm going to see Matt Harris tomorrow to see about his Medifast deal. I figure if I can make it through a month, I'll be well on my way. I'm so sick of food and eating right now anyway. Seems every time I turn around Steve's asking me what we are going to eat next. Oh the pressure. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those Munchies are SO addictive! I'm having a hard time not scarfing down the junk food while Noah is out of town. That there is what they call comfort eating. I definitely do it.

    ReplyDelete